To make Sour Patch Kids, first mix together 1 ½ cups of sugar, 1 cup light corn syrup, and ½ cup of water in a medium saucepan. Turn the heat to medium-high and stir until all ingredients are fully blended. Bring the mixture to a boil while stirring constantly for 3 minutes.
Remove from heat and add 2 tablespoons of butter along with ¼ teaspoon each of food coloring and citric acid. Stir until combined. Next pour the mixture into an 8×8 inch greased pan lined with parchment paper.
Allow it to cool before cutting it into bite size pieces then roll them in granulated sugar or powdered sugar to coat them evenly on both sides. Finally store your homemade sour patch kids in an airtight container at room temperature for up to two weeks!
- Step 1: Gather the ingredients
- You will need 5 cups of sugar, 3/4 cup of corn syrup, 1/2 teaspoon of citric acid, 2 tablespoons of water and a few drops of food coloring
- Step 2: Prepare an 8-inch square cake pan by greasing it with cooking spray or butter
- Pour the sugar into the pan and spread it out evenly to form a thin layer
- Step 3: Heat the corn syrup in a saucepan over medium heat until it starts to boil
- Reduce the heat and let it simmer for about 10 minutes until thickened slightly
- Add the citric acid and stir until dissolved completely in the syrup mixture
- Remove from heat once done and set aside to cool down slightly before adding any other ingredients
- Step 4: In a small bowl add two tablespoons of water then pour in some food colorings (a few drops) mix well until desired colour is achieved
- Add this solution into cooled down corn syrup mixture stirring continuously so that all three ingredients are mixed together properly without forming lumps or clumps inside them
- Step 5: Pour this coloured liquid onto prepared sugar layer which was already present inside an 8 inch square cake pan
- Let stand at room temperature for at least one hour or overnight if possible before cutting into individual Sour Patch Kids candy shapes using cookie cutter as desired
- Enjoy your homemade sour patch kids !
How to Make Sour Patch Grapes
Making sour patch grapes is a fun and easy way to enjoy the sweet-tart flavor of Sour Patch Kids candy without all the added sugar. All you need is a handful of green grapes, some white vinegar and regular granulated sugar. First, wash your grapes in cold water and carefully pat them dry with paper towels.
Then, mix together equal parts vinegar and sugar in a bowl or jar large enough to fit all your grapes. Place the grapes into the mixture for about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally until evenly coated with the sour liquid. Once finished marinating, rinse off each grape with cold water before enjoying!
How Do They Make Sour Patch Kids Sour?
Sour Patch Kids are made sour by coating them with a combination of citric acid and malic acid. Citric acid gives the candy its tart flavor, while malic acid adds an extra boost of tanginess. The candies are also often coated in sugar to balance out the sourness, resulting in the sweet-and-sour taste that Sour Patch Kids fans know and love.
Beyond these two acids, manufacturers may also add other flavors like lemon or lime to give their products unique profiles. In any case, it’s this perfect balance of sweetness and tartness that makes Sour Patch Kids so popular with people of all ages!
What are the Ingredients for Sour Patch Kids?
The ingredients for Sour Patch Kids are sugar, invert sugar, corn syrup, modified corn starch, tartaric acid, citric acid, natural and artificial flavours, yellow 5 & 6 and red 40.
Sour Patch Kids have been delighting sweet tooths of all ages since the 1980’s. With an outer sour coating that quickly gives way to a soft sweet centre they have established themselves as one of the most iconic candy treats around.
To create this flavourful experience you will need just 8 simple ingredients: Sugar – to give that classic sweetness; Invert Sugar – helps keep everything moist; Corn Syrup – adds texture; Modified Corn Starch – also helps with texture and structure; Tartaric Acid & Citric Acid- for a punchy sour kick; Natural & Artificial Flavours- provide depth of flavor ; Yellow 5&6 & Red 40- combined these make up that signature bright colour! Whether you’re looking to satisfy your own sugary cravings or treat someone special there’s no denying Sour Patch Kids are the perfect combination of tartness and sweetness!
What are the Steps of Making Sour Patch Kids?
Exact Answer: The steps for making Sour Patch Kids are as follows: 1) Mix the sugar, corn syrup and water in a large pot. 2) Add food coloring and flavoring to the mixture.
3) Cook the mixture over medium heat until it reaches 300 degrees Fahrenheit on a candy thermometer. 4) Pour the hot liquid onto a greased baking sheet and let cool for one hour. 5) Cut into small squares using an oiled knife or cookie cutter.
6) Roll each piece in citric acid powder to give them their signature sour flavor. 7) Allow them to dry overnight before packaging and enjoying! In recent years, Sour Patch Kids have become one of America’s favorite sweet treats!
From their unique blend of tartness and sweetness, these chewy candies are sure to be loved by everyone who tries them – but did you know that they’re actually pretty easy to make at home? All it takes is some simple ingredients like sugar, corn syrup, food coloring, flavoring, citric acid powder and water – plus some time-consuming steps such as cooking the mixture over medium heat until it reaches 300 degrees Fahrenheit on a candy thermometer; pouring it onto a greased baking sheet; cutting out shapes with an oiled knife or cookie cutter; rolling each shape in citric acid powder; allowing them to dry overnight – then voila! Your own homemade batch of delicious Sour Patch Kids will be ready for you (and your family!) to enjoy!
What are Sour Patch Kids Coated With?
Sour Patch Kids are coated with a mixture of sugar and corn syrup. The coating is added to the gummy candy to give it a sweet, tart flavor and its unique texture. This combination of ingredients also helps make Sour Patch Kids chewy, rather than crunchy like other candy.
In addition to the sugar and corn syrup coating, Sour Patch Kids may contain additional flavors or colors depending on the variety you choose. The signature coating of sugar and corn syrup makes Sour Patch Kids a unique treat that’s hard to resist! Not only does this combination provide an enjoyable taste experience, but it also gives the gummies their soft yet chewy texture that kids (and adults alike) can’t get enough of.
With so many varieties available these days – from classic Original Redberry to Tropical Orange & Pineapple – there’s something for everyone in every pack! Whether you’re looking for something sour or sweet, tangy or fruity; Sour Patch Kids has got you covered!
making SOUR CANDY GRAPES!
This blog post has outlined a simple and straightforward method for making your own Sour Patch Kids. With some basic ingredients, you can have an enjoyable snack that tastes just like the store-bought version. Now that you know how to make them, why not give it a try?
Homemade Sour Patch Kids are sure to be a hit with everyone in your family!