When you get out of high school, and you head to college, one of the last things that you think about is taking care of your skin.
College students have so many things to think about that skin is probably the last thing on their mind. Often, taking care of your skin can be a bit of a problem.
When you are staying up late, worrying about deadlines, and not eating right, it can really take a toll on your skin.
If you want to ensure that your skin looks the best that it can, you might have to start cutting fat out of your diet.
Here are the best foods to help you improve your skin.
- Low-fat yogurt. Dairy products that are low in fat have lots of vitamin A. Vitamin A is essential for healthy skin. Another reason to get yourself some low-fat yogurt is that is can help you if you have diabetes or a thyroid problem.
- Fresh or frozen berries. Blackberries, strawberries, blueberries, and plums all have lots of antioxidants. These will fight bacteria and will help prevent your skin from aging. So, stock up on these delicious treats. You can make a shake from them and know that your skin will look better.
- Salmon. Who says that fat is bad? Not the fatty acids from salmon. These are actually essential to ensure that your skin stays moisturized. If you aren’t on board to try salmon, you can also get canola oil, walnuts, or flax seed for the same nutrients.
- Green tea. Besides the obvious fact that this tea has tons of caffeine, it also can do wonders for your skin. It is loaded with anti-inflammatory properties so that your skin won’t get puffy.
- Water. Who would have thought that this would make your skin great? To have good skin, you need to know to hydrate, hydrate, hydrate. Get your water in it’s purest form, not from energy drinks or sodas. If you can’t bear to have normal water, get yourself some flavor boosters that don’t have sugar.
- Avocado. This is a great fruit that has tons of b-complex vitamins that can help your skin. It also soothes your skin if it is blotchy, red, or irritated.
Now that you know these foods that can help you improve your skin, go out and get them! Your skin will thank you. You’ll look great and you will feel more confident about yourself.